[ Introduction | Latest news | Contact ]
VIC-20 Listings is an archive of type-in games, utilities and other programs for the Commodore VIC-20 home computer, that were published in various books and magazines during the 1980s. These programs are often overlooked or missing from other collections of retro computer software. There are currently 2,662 programs in the collection.
The aim is to make each program available for download together with details of who wrote it, where the listing was published, any special requirements, and brief instructions. Each program is kept as close to the original listing as possible. Obvious syntax errors have been fixed and occasionally some guesswork is involved in reconstructing missing or unreadable symbols, but other features like spelling mistakes and misaligned text are often left exactly as they were in the original listing.
- Adventure game solutions
- Added solutions/walkthroughs for 1 text adventure games: Dungeon Maze (Giant Book Of Games For Your VIC 20).
- Giant Book Of Games For Your VIC 20
- Added 24 new programs: Space Shootout, Pick a Pair, Pirate Treasure, Reflex Typer, Number Catch, Zoo Keeper, Multi Pack 21, Dog Catcher, Monster Caves, Trapper, Conman, Jason, Dungeon Maze, Cowboy, Battleships, Follow Me, Guess, Typing Tutor, Laserball & Tunnelball, Traffic Light, Farmer Jack, Ropes and Manholes, Brickout, Snap.
- Hebdogiciel magazine
- Added 20 new programs: Conjugaisons (83-10-07), Golf (83-10-21), Flechego (83-10-28), Eponges (83-11-04), Sous-Marin (83-11-11), Auto-Cross (83-11-18), Perds pas la bille (83-11-25), Dix Petit Humains (83-12-02), Tir Aux Pigeons (83-12-09), Geofrance (83-12-16), Taquin (83-12-23), Mini-Pac (83-12-30), Mission Suicide (84-01-06), Sauvetage (84-01-13), Mission (84-01-20), Poursuite Infernale (84-01-27), Papy Fait de la Resistance (84-02-03), Base de l'Espace (84-02-10), Spider (84-02-17), Fantomergie (84-02-24).
- Compute!'s VIC Games for Kids
- Added 30 new programs: A-Maze-Ing, Count the Spots, Counting Game, Get the Treasure, Hidden Picture, Matchmaker, Notecrafter, Personal Story, Spelling Bee, Spend Your Allowance, Word Scramble, Alphabet Soup, Lawn Mower, Plan a Menu, Stargazer, State of the Union, Wise Shopper, Element Man, Four by Four, Heavenly Bodies, Mother Earth, Mr President, Movers and Shakers, Skeleton, Unicorn, Asteroid Blast, Black Hole, Earthworms, Ladybug, Build a Quiz.
- All programs from this book can now be downloaded as two D64 files.
- We have added 598 new programs this year, and ended the year with 2,618 programs in the collection.
- Games Computing magazine
- Added 7 new programs: Snake Trap (84-01), Towers of Brahma (84-02), Froggy (84-02), Card Crazy (84-02), Final Frontier (84-04), Guided Missile (84-04), Simple Draw (84-04).
- Also updated the D64 file for this magazine.
Archived news: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
Comments, questions, corrections and submissions can be sent to this address. It may take a few days to reply to e-mails, so do not worry if you have not received an immediate response.
vic20listings gmail com
PayPal donations can also be sent to this address. Donations are entirely voluntary, and would be much appreciated to help support this project.
VIC-20 Listings <http://www.vic20listings.freeolamail.com/>
Copyright (C) R.M. Smedley 2020, All Rights Reserved.
This website was last updated 18-Jan-2020.